Cybele – Socially Responsible
In an effort to maintain the awareness of global warning and social responsibility Cybele Forest Lodge & Health Spa is committed to the following:
Staff at Cyblele
We recruit all our staff from the local area in Mpumalanga and we conduct quality training, social awareness and environmental consciousness in all the relevant divisions.
Use of energy saving light bulbs, timers on the outside lights and pool pumps.
Reduction of water consumption by sing low flush options in our toilets, and the use of rain water tanks for garden irrigation.
Management of solid waste
Solid waste is reduced by buying loose goods reducing packaging and the recycling of cans, bottles and any paper and carton boxes.
The purchase of fruit vegetables, eggs, meat and any other locally produced products from local suppliers only, and always concentrate on buying environmentally friendly and organic products only, especially since Cybele serves the freshest ingredients to the guests at all times.
Green Credentials for Cybele
- Low-flow toilets & showers
- Washing sheets left frequently
- Capturing rain water for use in Garden
- Using energy efficient lighting
- Energy saving light bulbs
- Turing lighting and appliances of when not in use
- Only purchasing a small amount of newspapers, not for each guest. Saving resources and landfills
- We use glass & linen as much as possible
BULK SOAP AND AMENITIES:
- Soap, shampoo, conditioner, and lotion provided in the guestrooms from a bulk dispenser rather than in individual packaging.
DONATING TO CHARITY/SELLING OLD LINE, FURNITURE, CARPETING & APPLIANCES ETCETERA
ECO-FRIENDLY FOOD SERVED
- Offering food that’s been grown in a manner sensitive to its natural habitat for preserving wildlife and other plants, organically grown and raised, or local and thus freshly “harvested”
- Offering fish that is not on the endangered list